We’re back. The Reds couldn’t pull out the W last night, but they have another chance today. That’s the thing about baseball.
- Alejo Lopez is getting his first big-league start today, batting 5th and playing 3B. I think all Reds fans are pretty excited to see what this guy can bring to a struggling offense.
- Some good news on Michael Lorenzen today, as he’s progressing well and if he continues on this trajectory, should join the team either before (but probably after) the All-Star break.
- Speaking of, All-Star voting is still open, so go do that if you haven’t. If you have, then I wouldn’t possibly expect you to vote again, but do whatever you want.
- More All-Star news, as Nick Lodolo will be representing the Reds in the Futures Game this year. That’ll be cool to see.
- Tony Santillan is heading back to Louisville, with Ashton Goudeau coming up to take his spot. That gives them an extra arm in the bullpen for now, and sets the stage for Sonny Gray’s return on Friday. According to CTrent, Santillan is likely to transition into the bullpen there:
The Reds optioned Tony Santillan to AAA Louisville and recalled Ashton Goudeau. Santillan will likely transition the the bullpen there and return to Cincinnati in 10 days— C. Trent Rosecrans (@ctrent) June 30, 2021
Reds vs. Padres, 7:10 PM EDT, at Great American Ball Park
TV: Bally Sports Ohio, Radio: WLW
CIN: Vladimir Gutierrez (3-2, 3.97 ERA, 6 GS, 34 IP, 27/16 K/BB)
SDP: Joe Musgrove (4-6, 2.22 ERA, 14 GS, 85 IP, 103/19 K/BB)