With the frustrations of the lockout, we are spinning our wheels, looking for ways to pass the time, hoping for anything in the way of baseball news. Time to become the master of your domain, the keeper of the keys, and the GM of your favorite team. Let’s talk hypothetical trades!
I, personally, am on a quest to find a trade partner for the Minnesota Twins.
- Acquire a stopgap SS (preference would be a plus defender with a decent bat)
- Find starting pitchers to fill the depleted rotation
*Extra bonus: add a 4th OF type who can play some CF, maybe steal a few bases
Twins top Trade Chip(s):
- Outfielder and former top-100 prospect Trevor Larnach (22.6)
- The payroll flexibility to take on additional salaries
- MLB role players and Top-25 Prospects:
CF: Celestino (2.9)
OF: Rooker (1.9)
UTL: Gordon (1.8)
#11: Cavaco (3.8)
#12: Urbina (4.2)
#13: Miller (3.6)
#14: Wallner (3.6)
#16: Sabato (3.0)
#18: Soularie (2.4)
#20: Rodriguez (4.5)
#23: Steer (2.1)
#24: De Andrade (2.4)
#26: Severino (.7)
- Would Larnach be enough to start the conversation with CIN about Gray (28.3) or another high end starter (Castillo or Mahle)? What if the Twins took on Akiyama’s (-8.3) contract?
- A lot of discussion about the starting pitching, but I’ve heard little mention of Gutierrez (8.8). Is he available?
- For SS, is Farmer (3.8) available?
Links lead to Fangraphs’ profile of each playerNumbers in parentheses reflect the Baseball Trade Value of each player