The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Mike Moustakas - 2 for 3 with a solo dinger. It was a tough get, but I’m giving Moustakas the nod for at least doing something in the later innings. The rest of the offense hit the snooze button.
Honorable mention: Eugenio Suarez who hit atwo run home run in the bottom of the 1st and walked. Trevor Bauer who gave up one earned over six innings on six hits, two walks, and seven strikeouts, and Lucas Sims who has been phenomenal out of the pen this year. He struck out two a scoreless inning of relief.
- Hey. Hey! Heeny Suarez knocked a 2-run homer with two outs in the bottom of the 1st cause the Reds are now the home team. He drove in Votto who led off the game with a walk cause he’s awesome. Reds lead, 2-0.
- In the top of the 4th, Colin Moran reached after Joey Votto just missed the ball being thrown to third. It looked like he was late to the bag and was off balance when trying to make the catch. Regardless, it’s no excuse. Bauer then got two outs and Ke’Bryan Hayes singled. Anthony Alford laced a ball to the gap in left center. It looked like Goodwin was shaded the other way and was busting his ass to get to the ball. He slid to cut the ball off before it went to the wall but fell down as he did so. If he didn’t slide the ball would have went to the wall and both runners would have scored. Both Moran and Hayes scored. In the subsequent at bat, Alford scored on a wild pitch. Bauer then struck out Murphy. Just like that, the Reds are losing, 3-2.
- Moose answered with one out in the next half inning by lining a shot into the right field. Game tied.
- Bauer started the 5th with two singles. With batters are first and third, Bryan Reynolds grounded a ball up the middle. It was quickly turned into a double play but a run scored. Bauer then got a strikeout to end the inning. His pitch count is getting up there and isn’t looking great. I wouldn’t be surprised to see his day end. Pirates lead, 4-3.
- The Reds had an opportunity to take the lead in the 6th but Matt Davidson struck out with runners at first and third. Dumb.
- The Reds went out without a wimper. Pirates win, 4-3.
- HOLLLLEEEEEEE SHEEEEET
Joey Votto is 9 walks behind Pete Rose for the all-time lead in that category for the Reds. Votto has 5,000 fewer Reds plate appearances than Rose.— Steve Mancuso (@spmancuso) September 5, 2020
BOOM BOOM CLAP— Red Reporter (@redreporter) September 5, 2020
- They, in fact, did not clap.
- Well.... this was in the 7th.
Kyle Farmer is in the outfield for the first time in his career as a pro— C. トレント・ローズクランズ (@ctrent) September 5, 2020