The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Nick Senzel - He hit a solo dinger to break up the shutout. So, yeah.
Honorable Mention: Matt Bowman for pitching two innings to stop the bleeding and striking out three and Yasiel Puig for singling twice and knocking a double in the 9th. I guess.
I’d type a bunch more stuff but this game sucked honky apples. It made the Reds look bad which made me feel sad. If you’re paying attention the season is slowly sliding away from us. Which will make you real freaking sad, or pissed, when you think back to where you were in 2010 and the clock is about to chug over to 2020. Figure it out, Dick.
- To start the game, Tyler Mahle got an out. Yay! Then, he gave up a single to Delino DeShields Jr., hit Elvis Andrus, and then a pitch went through the wickets of Curt Casali advancing the runners. Nomar Mazara grounded out which scored DeShields Jr. A double steal was on, and Elvis Andrus stole home catching the Reds napping. Oh well, Rangers lead 2-0.
- Votto singled.... then nothing.... forever.
- In the 5th, Mahle gave up a double to Choo and then walked someone. He got an out and then Bell came to the mound. Wait for it because this is the death knell. He brought in Wandy Peralta. Peralta struck out a guy, walked a guy, and then served up a hanging slider to Rougned Odor that was chucked halfway up the moon deck. That’s a grand slam folks. That scores four. This team. Rangers lead, 7-0
- In the top of the 6th, Wandy gave up a singled, walked a guy, and then was taken out. Thank the baby Jesus. But, Bell took Iglesias out of the game for Kyle Farmer? I don’t know. Matt Bowman came in and got a ground ball that was too slow to turn for two. Then there was a fly ball which scored a run on a sac fly by DeShields. Andrus struck out. Rangers lead 7-0.
- In the bottom of the 8th, Nick Senzel, decided he was over this shit. He broke up shutout with a dinger to straight away center field. Kid can ball. Rangers lead 7-1.
- Puig doubled with two outs. It was his third hit of the night. That’s ok. Jesse Winker struck out. Oh well. Reds lose, 7-1.
- The Reds are now seven games under .500. I’m not sure but I think that’s the worst since they started 1-8? Fuck it, I ain’t looking it up.
- Tyler Mahle’s ERA is starting to move towards 5.00.
- Wandy Peralta probably shouldn’t be on this team.
- I’d like to know what was going on with the double switch that took Iglesias out of the game in the 5th. That would be a good question from a beat writer because Peraza shouldn’t be going to shortstop for him. Fuck that.
- Though, does it really matter?
- Probably not.
- Jay Bruce plays for the Phillies and is now on his 5th team. Actually, his sixth if you want to count his second stint with the Mets.
- I’m sure the Reds play tomorrow at some point in time, and I bet someone will start because somethings never change.