The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Phil Ervin - 2 for 2, HR, Sac Fly, 4 RBI, and 2 BB
It’s so nice to see former first round picks have a big day. Ervin has been having a killer year in AAA and it’s carried over to the Reds with more playing time. Lots of cool stuff.
Honorable Mention: Anthony DeSclafani who pitched 7 innings of one run ball (6 H, 1 BB, 2 K) and had a base hit, Brandon Dixon who dingered, walked, and knocked in two, Jose Peraza who went 3 for 5 with a double and two runs scored, Joey Votto who singled and walk, and Eugenio Suarez who singled in a run and walked twice.
- The Reds really squandered an opportunity in the 1st. Peraza singled, was picked off, and then Ervin and Votto singled. Dixon knocked in Ervin on a fielders choice but then Casali grounded out. Reds lead, 1-0.
- In the 2nd, Disco singled because he’s cool, Peraza singled again because he’s cool, and then Phil Ervin came to plate with his might bat AND JACKED A BIG ‘OL DINGER TO LEFT FIELD. Reds lead, 4-0.
- The Nationals had a small answer when Juan Soto doubled and Daniel Murphy singled him in. Reds lead, 4-1.
- In the 3rd, Brandon Dixon smacked a high fastball out to pretty much dead center field. Reds lead, 5-1.
- In the 4th, Peraza doubled and advanced to third on a passed ball. Phlerve walked. Heeny Suarez singled in Peraza, but the threat was ended when Brandon Dixon struck out.
- Billy Hamilton singled to lead off the 6th and promptly stole second. Peraza flied out and Billy advanced to third. Ervin flied out to deep center which was plenty deep enough to score Billy easily. Votto would then double to right field, but was stranded at second. Reds lead, 7-1.
- David Hernandez an Michael Lorenzen banged the door in the 8th and the 9th. Reds win, 7-1.
- The Reds won. That’s noteworthy.
- Phil Ervin is cool. That’s noteworthy.
- The Reds play the Nationals again at like 7:05 PM ET. So, you get more baseball today. That’s noteworthy.
- Dilson Herrera got to actually play a baseball game. That’s noteworthy. He needs to play more.