The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Nobody stood out in particular tonight, as this game was pretty boring in general. No Reds collected more than one hit. Straily wasn’t stellar tonight, but he wasn't terrible, giving up 7 hits and 3 runs over 5 innings.
I have to give a shoutout to Ivan Nova, who went the distance for the Bucs today, giving up only 6 hits and 1 run. He dominated us tonight, there’s was no way around that.
Billy Hamilton was out tonight, which made watching the dynamic between the rest of the outfielders and Peraza, since Billy can cover so much space out in Center.
- The Pirates ran out to a quick start, putting two on the board in the bottom of the 1st, with singles from Jung Ho Kang and Fransisco Cervelli.
- Ivan Nova mowed down the Reds, not giving up a hit until the 5th inning. As mentioned earlier, he was absolutely stellar tonight.
- Cozart put a spark back into this team with an infield single allowing Tucker Barnhart to score from third, bringing the Redlegs within 2.
- The Pirates struck again with Andrew McCutchen driving in another run in the bottom of the sixth.
- The rest of this game was incredibly uneventful. I barely payed attention to the game, and didn’t miss much. We lost again. Only a few more games guys.