The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Brandon Finnegan pitched incredibly well tonight, putting up a career-high TWELVE STRIKEOUTS while issuing only 2 walks. Yeah. He was good.
There wasn’t really much else that happened in this game.
Just kidding I typed this during the 7th inning and of course a lot more happened. You can read about it in Key plays, but Joey Votto got on base four more times tonight, so that deserves a mention.
- Our boys got off to a good start, with Schebler driving in Duvall to give us an early 1-0 lead in the second.
- The D-backs quickly answered in the bottom of the second, with an RBI single from Brandon Drury
- Brandon Finnegan and Braden Shipley dominated for the majority of the next few innings
- oh and ricky weeks somehow continues to be good against the reds and only the reds I’m sure there is a stat to prove this but I’m too lazy to look it up and its 1 in the morning so go do your own research
- At this point in the game I decided I should go do something else, so I did. I am not really sure what happened, but apparently Finny was good and stayed under control which is good
- Lorenzen pitched a perfect inning, as he continues to be a staple of our stellar post-all star break bullpen.
- This was actually one of the most boring baseball games I have ever watched in my entire life so if you didn’t stay up to watch it, you didn’t miss much. I was so done with this game that I was actually hoping we didn’t score in the ninth because more innings of this game probably would have caused some serious damage on me
- And of course, we score in the ninth. An impressive two out rally with no men on to drive in a run, but unfortunately we were unable to capitalize on a bases loaded situation with Adam Duvall at the plate. I just want to sleep.
- YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME WHY DID THIS HAVE TO GO TO EXTRA INNINGS WHY WHY WHY WHY
- Everything is terrible. It is one in the morning. My mac and cheese exploded. This is a terrible game. My laptop is on 10% and I don’t want to go back to my dorm to get my charger. Please send help.
- THE REDS TAKE THE LEAD IN THE TOP OF THE TENTH
- YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME HOW DID WE BLOW THAT
- I’m currently pulling my hair out in frustration. I haven’t eaten in 3 hours, largely due to the fact that my mac and cheese exploded.
- HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH REDS LOSE ON A WILD PITCH WHAT A PERFECT ENDING
- If you are still reading these, thank you. You understand my pain.
- Jay Bruce continues to struggle as a New York Met. This tweet really says it all.
Bartolo Colon has 2 hits tonight. Jay Bruce has 2 hits since August 18th. Mets, yo.— Jason Smith (@howaboutafresca) August 27, 2016
- Cozart was out of the lineup again tonight, raising questions as to whether or not he should be placed on the DL.
- It is now 1:30 in the morning. I really, really don’t feel like writing about baseball anymore.
- Goodnight everyone
- Tunes. If you click you are required to listen for at least the first 1/10th of the video.