The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Star of the Game
- The Reds struck first in the bottom of the 2nd, putting together a nice little rally. Jose Peraza singled with two outs, and then showed his wheels when Tucker Barnhart drove him in from first. Reds led, 1-0.
- In the bottom of the 4th, BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE. Solo shot, his 17th, Reds led 2-0.
- Anthony DeSclafani helped his own cause in the bottom the 6th, singling with the bases loaded to score Adam Duvall. Reds led 3-0.
- Disco stayed alive for 8 innings before giving way to Tony Cingrani, who mowed 'em down in the 9th. Reds win!
- Anthony DeSclafani pitched 8 shutout innings, holding the Padres to 5 hits and didn't walk anybody. That's the first really impressive start he's had since making his debut this year, and was sorely missed after the rest of this series.
- Don't look now, but Jay Bruce has 58 RBI, good for the 4th highest total in baseball. Think Marty's still giving him a hard time about not being a clutch hitter? (Yes, I think he probably still is)
- I'm not really sure why, but the Reds retired the number of some guy who only got a month in the big leagues in 1997. Weird.