The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Pete Rose of the Game
Well, nobody really did anything notable tonight. I guess Ohlendorf didn't give up a run. You know, why not just give it to Peter Edward Rose, he deserves it. I'm proud of you for being yourself Pete, keep up the good work.
- Pete Rose inducted into Reds Hall of Fame.
- Brandon Finnegan was hit by an umpire, no, really.
- Matt Kemp drove in a run early, Reds trailed 1-0, and never came close again.
- The Reds collected just 4 hits today, and its difficult to win baseball games with 4 hits.
- Pete Rose probably would have had 4 hits on his own.
- Pete Rose was inducted into the Reds Hall of Fame.
- Pete Rose said something about Chili dogs.
- Brandon Finnegan gave up a home run to another pitcher, Drew Pomeranz, making it 2-0, Padres.
- Finny finally ran out of gas, giving up another RBI to Pomeranz, at which point he was pulled for Ross Ohlendorf.
- BULLPEN TIME
- Ohlendorf promptly walked the first batter he faced, but got out of a bases loaded jam on the next batter.
- Moving into the 8th, Jay Bruce had an opportunity to make it a runner on first with one out but NOPE.
- Bruce immediately redeemed himself, two batters later, with an absolute bullet to nab the runner at the plate, completing an inning ending double play.
- The Reds went down in order in the 9th to Fernando Rodney who I am pretty sure is 87 years old.
- Would you like to watch 40 minutes of Pete Rose? Here you go.
Game Win Probability / Pete Rose National Hall of Fame Chances graph
- Brandon Finnegan pitched pretty well to non-pitchers, finishing with 5 hits and 8 punchouts.
- The Padres bullpen has pitched the most innings of any team in Major League Baseball, and they are equally as bad as our Redlegs.
- Pete Rose.
- Reds fall to 28-47.
- That's really bad.