Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
When in doubt, it's Joey Votto. Joeslice was 2-3 with a walk, continuing his frankly prurient season. Honorable mentions to BP and ES, who both went 2-4, and Sam LeCure, who pitched a clean inning and it's always nice when he gets honorable mentions. Jumbito struck out the side in the ninth as i was writing this.
- The Reds were on the board first, as three straight singles by Ivan De GAF, Votto, and BP brought in the new guy and put the Reds up 1-0.
- The Mets put up three in the third off of: single, grounder, double, single, sac fly, double. Also: Lucas Duda is such a scrooge. Mets 3-1.
- The Reds clawed back. In the 5th, Ramon Cabrera had a PH single and came around on a BP single. In the sixth, surprisingly-effective September dude Adam Duval singled in a be-doubled Eugenio Suarez. That tied the score at 3.
- Unfortunately, the Parra. In the seventh, the LOOGY split two outs with a single. So far so good. Then came: Murphy triple, Cespedes single, Duda (!!!) double. Mets back up 6-3.
- The Reds, like a Labrador who doesn't know that the ball is still in your hand, wouldn't give up. Jay Bruce hit a homer in the eighth. But they went down quietly against this dude Familia in the 9th. Mets win 6-4.
- Jeurys Familia, who is a complete unknown to me, is putting up Aroldis Chapman numbers for a fraction of the price in Mets blue. How about that?
- Tomorrow at 7:10 PT is gonna be a matchup of the two best rookies in the National League: Noah Syndergaard and Anthony DeSclafani. Disco is quietly putting up a hell of a season — he won't beat out Kris Bryant for ROY, but he's definitely put the league on notice and has improved pretty much every month.
- Eno Sarris has a very inspiring read on the Reds' young trio of Disco, Raisel, and Lamb. My favorite part of it, and this is the only time you'll hear me say this, is the comments. Each commentor is like "How about Stephenson?" or "Moscot has a chance to be something!" and their each own pet Reds prospect. That's really exciting! Now the Reds just have to figure out which ones are fillet and which ones are chum.
- Apparently his only album is being re-released and The Guardian wrote about it, so it's my opportunity to share with you the saddest damn story in music, Jackson C. Frank.