Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Todd Frazier went 2-4, which is neat. But the real hero of this game was Pedro Villareal, who pitched 3.1 scoreless innings. It'd be a lie to say something like "Villareal kept this team in the game!" because they were never in it, but the Royal Householder was probably the only person today who pushed the rock up the mountain, rather than ran screaming, arms flailing wildly, while the rock sped down the mountain.
- Enrique Hernandez singled home the increasingly-devastating Justin Turner with the bases loaded in the second to put the Dodgers up 1-0.
- That wasn't so bad! But then in the fourth, there was a Van Slyke homer, Utley walk, AJ Ellis homer, Hernandez single, a little bit of hemming and hawing, then a Yasiel Puig homer (third in the inning!) to put the Dodgers up 6-0. And end Holm-dawg's night.
- The Reds shuffled back with a two-out rally in the seventh! Whoo-boy! A Frazier single and Bruce ROE brought up IDJ, who said IDGAF and hit a single. Pena then singled the brought-up-by-wild-pitch Bruce and IDJ, making the score 6-3!
- It got even closer in the 8th, as Brandon Phillips singled in a be-doubled Jason Bourgeois. 6-4, I bet you think the Reds had a chance!
- Lol, they didn't. Adrian Gonzalez doubled in Puig in the 9th to put it at 7-4.
- Businessperson's special tomorrow, as Greinke takes on DeSclafani at 12:35 ET.
- Votto went 0-3 with a walk. My interest in Reds games, at this point, is basically "Will Joey Votto do something historic or nah?
- This Reds team had me singing along with Our Lady Peace. This Reds team had me *choosing to listen to* Our Lady Peace.
- Okay, so at least this wasn't terrible. In Turkey, a shop owner and a bunch of his friends tried to jump an Irish tourist. Unfortunately for them, this Irish tourist was a boxing champion:
The bloke's become a bit of a social media phenomenon in Turkey, with the vast majority of Turks taking his side because, c'mon. If you're gonna jump a tourist with 14 of your friends, you best not be caught by your own security camera getting your butt whooped by him. Here's a poem dedicated to our Irish friend.