Just when you thought it was impossible for the injury issues facing the Cincinnati Reds to get any worse, the injury issues facing the Cincinnati Reds got worse. Potentially much worse.
Starting pitcher Jon Moscot made it four batters into Monday's game against the Detroit Tigers before exiting with an apparent injury to his left (non-throwing arm), an injury sustained when he dove attempting to tag a runner while in a rundown between 2B and 3B.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/JonnyMoscot">@JonnyMoscot</a> injured on a rundown in the bottom of the 1st. Will update if we hear any news. Send him your well wishes. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Reds?src=hash">#Reds</a></p>— #VoteReds (@Reds) <a href="https://twitter.com/Reds/status/610588337435471873">June 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Here's the video, should you choose to watch a man laying in the dirt in obvious pain.
So, if you're keeping tabs on the state of the Reds potential rotation members, here's what we now know:
- Homer Bailey is out for the season after having Tommy John surgery
- Jason Marquis is off the roster after the front office didn't appreciate his Eric Milton impersonation
- Raisel Iglesias is on the DL with a strained oblique
- Tony Cingrani is out with a strained shoulder and a bad case of Not-Allowed-To-Startitis
- Jon Moscot is in a pile of pain with a left arm kerfluffle
- Johnny Cueto is five weeks from being traded
- Mike Leake is five weeks from being not traded when he should be traded
- Ben Lively is a Phillie after being traded away for Marlon Byrd, who is on the DL after having spent too much time close to Reds pitchers
- Jonathon Crawford is...wait, has anyone even seen Jonathon Crawford? Does he exist?
- Paul Maholm is still a free agent
PAGING PAUL MAHOLM.