The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
When the going gets tough and the boys have their back against the wall and seriously these dudes haven't won in damn near two weeks. Johnny Cueto put the Reds on his back (except for Logan Ondrusek, since his toes were still dragging against the grass) and did what he had to do in order to get out of the game. Johnny Cueto thinks that we're sellouts, as he pitched 7 clean innings with 4H, 3BB, 9K.
There are no honorable mentions. There is nothing honorable here.
- Chris Heisey janked a ground-rule double in the top of the 5th. Skip was (unsurprisingly) unable to get him to third, so Heisey stole it himself, and quite easily. Then Pena hit a seeing-eye single through the drawn-in infield to bring home Heisey.
- That's all.
- Jack Hannahan was in the dugout today, back from his rehab assignment. He can be called on to play starting on Monday, I believe.
- I'm not sure about you, but I think we all could've predicted that this streak would end with a 1-0 game Cueto started.
- The series will conclude tomorrow afternoon, wand the Reds will have a chance for a series win! At 1:10 p.m. ET, Mat Latos will host Doug Fister. No, Scott, he didn't know her very well.
- What are you up to tonight? Me, nothing much, so I hope you do something neat.
- St. Vincueto.