Billy Hamilton went 2-3 with a home run and a walk. He's literally the only thing between this game being a back-and-forth affair and one of the most painful losses of the season, so, thank you Billy.
Mat Latos' 6IP, 2H, 0ER, 0BB, 4K line is pretty much the best possible thing that anyone could expect from him. He gets an honorable mention.
- Billy Hamilton led off the game with a double. He scored on a BP single to make the score 1-0.
- Mat Latos let two batters on in his 6 innings.
- Logan Ondrusek let two batters on in his .2 innings. Lucroy was walked, and Carlos Gomez singled. A Khris Davis grounder got in Lucroy (after he tagged up on an Aramis Ramirez flyout). Manny Parra was brought in, and after a passed ball by Pena, he allowed a Rickie freaking Weeks single to bring in Gomez.
- Billy Hamilton absolutely crushed a home run to tie the game back up in the 8th. I have never heard a sold-out crowd that quiet. Game tied at 2.
- Unfortunately, life. JJ Hoover let up a bloop double to Scooter Gennett, and then an opposite-field home run to Ryan Braun. Brewers, 4-2.
- Tomorrow's game is at 2:10 ET, with Mike Leake taking on Marco Estrada (which I like to pretend is Spanish for "Mark Straight").
- Beautiful jerseys in the Japan-Cote d'Ivoire match. The orange-and-green is a great look of course, and the Japanese hot pink really pops against their dark blue. That said, I'm surprised that Puma's allowed to give their players two differently-colored shoes.
- "Why are you talking about soccer?" asked someone who didn't see how much that game sucked.
- Evening tunes, enthusiastic version for those watching soccer.
- Evening tunes, bummer version for those watching baseball.