The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game:
Chris Heisey went 4-4.
Honorable mentions go to Mr. Choo, who went 3-5 with the Reds' only two extra base hits (2b and HR). Todd Helton got his 2,500th hit and amusingly has 61.3 WAR, wheras all other Rockies' 1st round picks combined have 83.2 WAR (very little of which was actually with the Rockies). Dusty got both Manny and Curtis in the game to RaTch Par or something. I'm working on that joke.
- Leake gave up a two-run homer in the first
- Choo hit a two-run homer in the second
- Leake gave up four more freaking runs.
- Chris Heisey's season line right now is .249/.294/.451. I nominate anyone <.250/<.300/>.450 as The Full Heisey. That just seems to encapsulate his skillset so well.
- Leake has flat-out struggled with a 7+ ERA in his last six starts. He's pitching himself out of October, sadly enough.
- QUESTION: Does the play-in game use playoff rosters? Or the 40-man roster?
- Nolan Arenado is someone I'd really like on my team
- A 12:35 game back in the Queen City today, as Wainwright takes on Latos.
- Not sure what Labor Day's for exactly. How about nihilist summer fun in Spanish?
- Can't have hi-8 film without RR's favorite songsmith.
- But seriously, I love these dudes and finally found them on Youtube so hooray.