- Louisville came from behind to beat the Indians 3-2. Daniel Corcino had a very good start, despite walking (4) twice as many guys as he struck out (2, obviously). He went 7 innings, giving up just 3 hits and 2 earned runs. 3 of his last 4 starts have been quality, and the fourth was a very strange one. Pinch-hitter Kris Negron Modelo walked it off for the Bats to follow singles from Felix Perez (1-4) and Denis Phipps (2-3), and an IBB to Nevin Ashley. Billy Hamilton had a very 2013 Billy Hamilton-y game, going 1-4 with a steal, and Neftali Soto was 2-4 with the only XBH hit, a double. Up next: Greg Reynolds (10-1, 2.62) looks to avoid his second loss of the season (in a row) against Indy at 7:05.
- Pensacola won its second straight game, as the Wahoos burned the Biscuits, 7-2. Donald Lutz schwartzed two doubles as part of a 2-5 night, and Ryan LaMarre homered for the second straight night, a 3-run shot in the fourth. Moose Mattair had his second consecutive 3-hit night, and yet again all singles, and Corey Wimberly jacked a solo shot in the ninth for good measure. Tim Crabbe was living in the zone, tossing 6 scoreless innings of 6-hit, no walk ball. He struck out 4. Up next: Ryan Dennick (4-10, 3.77) takes the hill against the Biscuits at 8:05.
- Bakersfield lost in a really stupid way. They squandered an eighth-inning 4-1 lead, eventually losing to Lake Elsinore on a walk-off wild pitch, 5-4. Ryan Wright and David "Gay Subplot in Ben-Hur" Vidal each had a pair of hits, and Juan Silverio honked a 2-run Tonto. Jon Moscot was positively throwing darts throughout his 6 innings, fanning 7 and walking none. He gave up a single run on 5 hits. Pat Doyle coughed it up, though, and that was that. Up next: James Allen (5-7, 4.81) faces the Storm at 10:05.
- Dayton rode another big offensive night to a 13-9 win over the Midwest League's best offense, Cedar Rapids. For the second night in a row, Jesse Winker's first and only hit of the game was a big homer. This time, he connected for a 3-run Frito Pie, and walked twice, so that's nice to see. Tanner Rahier and Seth Mejias-Brean had 3 hits, Jeff Gelalich walked 3 times, and Brandon Dailey moment-of-zen'd a three-run big fly. Ismael Guillon wasn't sharp, walking 5 in 4 innings. He gave up 4 runs on 6 hits, striking out 3. Up next: The Dragons will go for the sweep behind Nick Travieso (3-2, 4.91) at 7:35.
- Billings had their game suspended in the ninth inning with the score knotted at 2. They'll pick it back up tomorrow.
- The AZL Reds lost in 10 to the AZL Royals, 7-6. Logan What the F'Uxa and Kevin Franklin knocked in two apiece, Cory "Roland the Headless" Thompson "Gunner" scored 3 times without recording a hit (2 BB), and Oviel "Eggs" Florentino was 2-4. Feel-good story LHP Chad Jones struck out 2 in his scoreless inning of relief. Up next: Someone will face the Bear Fetuses (get it? Because Cubs are already babies?) at 10.
Nice evenings for Corcino, Winker, Lutz, and LaMarre, among others.