- Louisville lost to Durham, 3-2. Daniel Corcino, somehow still in AAA, walked 5 in 4.1 innings, giving up 3 runs on 4 hits while striking out 3. Sigh. Neftali Soto and Chris Heisey each had a pair of hits, including the only two XBH for the Bats, and Billy Hamilton stole 2 more bases despite a single plate appearance, which is something I hope happens in September and October of this year, with him wearing Red... He's at 45 on the year. Up next: Armando Galarraga (5-4, 3.06) takes on the Bulls at 7:05.
- Pensacola baked the Biscuits, winning 4-2. The biggest story of this game was Yorman Rodriguez, who went 3-4 and was a homer short of the cycle in his AA debut. At one point, it looked like he hit one out, but it was reviewed and ruled a double. Either way, his first game in Pensacola was the bomb diggity, and I hope he just absolutely tears it up there. Tucker Barnhart and Luis Durango also reached base twice for the 'Hoos. Tim Crabbe turned in another solid outing, tossing 6 innings on 2-hit, 1-run ball, walking a pair and striking out 3 pair-plus-one. Good day for the Wahoos. Up next: Ryan Dennick (3-7, 3.13) thinks topping the Biscuits would be gravy, and he'll try to do just that at 8:05.
- Bakersfield was still off for the All-Star break. They'll face High Desert at 10:45 to kick off the second half, no starters yet announced.
- Dayton was also enjoying their last day off of the break. Nick Travieso (1-1, 3.86) will take the hill for the Dragons against Lake County at 7.
- Billings starts their season today as well. Amir Garrett gets the Opening Day nod for the Mustangs, whose roster features seven 2013 draft picks including first-rounder Philip Ervin, and fourth-rounder Ben Lively. Excited to see what some of these kids can do!
and, Happy Pioneer League Eve!