- Louisville gave up 11 runs in the first 3 innings, and lost to the Gwinnett Braves 11-7. Pedro Villarreal got the tarnation beat out of him, giving up 8 runs on 9 hits and 3 walks in 1.1 IP. Yikes. HankRod busted out of his slump big time, going 4-5 with 2 doubles and an RBI. Felix Perez had yet another solid performance, going 3-5 with 2 doubles and 3 RBIs. I wouldn't mind seeing the Cat added to the 40-man roster in order to get a look at him in September. After a terrible first two months of the season, Perez has been one of the lone bright spots in the Bats lineup, OPS'ing .903 over the last three months. It would be nice to see if he can outperform Xavier Paul if/when his seemingly inevitable regression occurs. Up Next: Sean Gallagher (9-8, 4.83 ERA) and the Bats head to Charlotte to take on the Knights at 7:15 pm ET.
- Pensacola was idle. Chad Rogers (2-0, 0.82 ERA) and the
Billy HamiltonsBlue Wahoos face off against the Mobile Bay Bears at 7:05 pm ET.
- Bakersfield also had the day off. Crabbe Patty (3-0, 3.84 ERA) gets the start at San Jose at 10:05 pm ET.
- Dayton lost another ho-hum affair, falling 6-3 to the Fort Wayne TinCaps. Not a lot of positive things to say about this one. The Dragons committed 3 errors, struck out 12 times, only had 1 extra-base hit, and no one managed a multi-hit game. Starting pitcher Stalin Gerson got knocked around a bit, giving up 5 runs (only 1 earned) on 6 hits in 5.0 innings, while striking out 4 and walking 2. Up Next: Dayton has the day off today. They take on the Lake County Captains at 7pm ET tomorrow.
- Billings fell 3-1 to the Idaho Falls Chukars. Ismael Guillon pitched a whale of a game, hurling 6 scoreless innings of 3 hit, 10 K, 1 BB ball. Unfortunately, the Bennet Klimesh. Seth Mejias-Brean hit his second triple of the year on a 2-4 night. Beau Amaral had the only other multi-hit game, going 2-3 with a walk. Up Next: Drew Cisco (2-0, 3.74 ERA) takes the mound against Idaho Falls at 9:05 pm ET.
- The AZL Reds lost to the Cubs 17-7. The two teams combined for 24 runs, 35 hits and 7 errors. Oh, rookie ball. Luke Moran got the loss, going 3.1 innings and giving up 6 runs (4 earned), and the bullpen provided very little relief, allowing 11 more runs before the game mercifully ended. Also of note, it appears Wayne Gretzky's kid plays in the Cubs organization. Who knew? Up Next: The Tribe tonight at 10pm ET.