Chris Heisey led off the 1st with a double, advanced to third base on a Wilson Valdez ground out, and ultimately scored on Ludwick's single over the SS's glove. Reds lead, 1-0.
- The Reds kept the party going in the 3rd. Wilson Valdez singled, stole second, but was out at third on some bad baserunning on a BP fielder's choice. Jay Bruce singled, moving BP to third before Ludwick crushed a Jason Marquis groove-ball out to right-center field. Scott Rolen followed with a single, and Todd Frazier stromboli'd a cannoli way out to left. Reds lead, 6-0.
- Homer is not a good name for a pitcher. Still. Bailey, staked with a large lead, became a hit maker in the 4th. Alonso and Baker singled before Cameron Maybin hit a Petco double over the GABP wall. Then, Marquis reached on an infield single, Amarista and Will Venable hit back to back triples, and Chase Headley singled. Homer was chased in favor of Sam LeCure, but the damage was done. Game tied, 6-6.
- BP took matters into his own hands after the game had settled in. His solo shot in the bottom of the 7th proved to be the difference. Reds win, 7-6.
- Ryan Ludwick is making a little over $2 million this season. His OPS? .868.
- Carlos Beltran is making a little over $12 million this season. His OPS? .898.
- The Reds close out July with their 18th win in their last 21 games. The month would've been much, much more satisfying for Homer Bailey had Cy not jinxed him before the first pitch by stating how good he'd been.
- This song is Not Safe For Work...but it's pretty much been Ryan Ludwick's theme song this season. And, well, I think it's awesome. So is this one. Hell, just buy the album.