- Things got started early and stayed going often. It's Coors Field and the Rockies' pitchers, folks. The Reds plated 1 in the Top of the First, as Stubbs walked, stole second, and scored on a Brandon Phillips single. Reds lead, 1-0.
- Latos walked Dexter Fowler to start the game, and gave up a two-run honkey-tonk to Josh Rutledge. So what? Reds trail, 2-1.
- In the Top of the 2nd, Heisey led off with a triple, and was immediately knocked in by a Miguel Cairo sac fly. In the Top of the 3rd, Zack Cozart led off with a triple, and was immediately knocked in by a Drew Stubbs sac fly. Chicks dig the long ball, sure, but it's dang nice to see effective run manufacturing, especially with the Reds' $200 million man on the bench. Reds lead, 3-2.
- More Reds in the Top of the 5th. Cozart led off with a single, and Drew Stubbs Leinen'd a Kugel out to Left Field. Two batters later, Jay Bruce funk-pumped a solo shot into the second deck in Right-Center, his 20th of the year. Reds lead, 6-2.
- The Reds played add-on in the Top of the 8th, as Chris Heisey led off with a double and scored on Cairo's single (!!) to right field. Sam LeCure took over for Latos in the 9th, and put the finishing touches on this one. Reds win, 7-2!