Friday, Jul 27, 2012, 8:40 PM EDT
Bronson Arroyo vs Drew Pomeranz
TV: FSO-HD, ROOT-HD; RADIO: WLW, KOA; WEB: MLB.tv, Gameday Audio, Gameday
Mostly cloudy. Winds blowing out to right field at 10-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 80.
With the late start, there will be a first pitch thread at 8:40.
The Reds have managed 4.3 runs per game sans Votto, but it's been against some middling-to-bad pitching. Those trends should continue through the weekend.
Like thieves in the night, the Pirates won a game last night and trimmed the lead to 2.0 games. Especially with their acquisition of Wandy Rodriguez (and possibly another deal to come), we're taking the Pirates seriously, whether we like it or not. Even though there are some reasons not to:
- They're five games above .500 in one-run games
- Their record is two wins better than their Pythag (just like the Reds)
- Of their Top Five pitchers by innings, only Erik Bedard has a FIP lower than his ERA.
- They have to face the Dodgers and Braves again - teams the Reds are done with. They also have to face the Reds nine more times. And the Reds are better.
This is not enough for me to think they'll just go away, but then again, I didn't stare into their very souls.
Lineups and bullpen log after the jump.
|3.98 (105)||ERA (ERA+)||4.98 (93)|
Zack Cozart (R) SS
Drew Stubbs (R) CF
Brandon Phillips (R) 2B
Jay Bruce (L) RF
Ryan Ludwick (R) LF
Scott Rolen (R) 3B
Todd Frazier (R) 1B
Ryan Hanigan (R) C
Bronson Arroyo RHP
Dexter Fowler (S) CF
Marco Scutaro (R) 2B
Carlos Gonzalez (L) LF
Michael Cuddyer (R) RF
Todd Helton (L) 1B
Wilin Rosario (R) C
Jordan Pacheco (R) 3B
Josh Rutledge (R) SS
Drew Pomeranz (R) P
||5 day totals|
|Aroldis Chapman||1.0, 20p||1.0, 14p||1.0, 23p||3.0 IP, 57 pitches
|Sean Marshall||1.2, 27p
||0.1, 4p||2.0 IP, 31 pitches
|Logan Ondrusek||1.0, 12p||0.2, 19p||1.2 IP, 31 pitches
|Jose Arredondo||1.0, 15p
||1.0 IP, 15 pitches|
|Sam LeCure||1.0, 36p
||1.0 IP, 36 pitches
|Alfredo Simon||0 IP, 0 pitches|
|Bill Bray||0.1, 13p
||0.1, 13 pitches|
- Alfredo Simon's last appearance was on July 19. Like, most recent, probably not last last.