- Louisville beat Super FLewis and the Buffalo Bisons 4-1. Didi Gregorius, who has improbably found his power stroke since his promotion to AAA (.549 SLG in 13 games), went 2-3 with a walk and a Dutchblast. Felix "The Cuban Missile" Perez (I think we are obligated to call anyone from Cuba that) went 3-4 with a double and an RBI. Dojo turned in a Chaptastic performance, striking out 3 batters in the 9th to get the save. Up Next: Brett Tomko makes his triumphant return to the Bats rotation as Louisville continues their series against the Bisons at 7:05 pm ET. (ed. note: Mark your calendars for Sunday August 5th when the Bats have a Corky Miller novelty Fu-Manchu giveaway.)
- Pensacola lost to the Huntsville Stars 6-1, getting complete game'd by Brewers pitching prospect Hiram Burgos. Tony Cingrani had what was probably his worst start of the year, going 5.1 innings while allowing 6 runs on 6 hits. Donald Lutz and Ryan LaMarre had nearly identical lines of 2-4 with a stolen base, with the only difference being a solo donger from Hedy. Billy Hamilton has not stolen a base in the last 3 games. Up Next: Kyle Lotzkar takes on the Stars as the Wahoos celebrate their 4 year PDC extension by donning Reds unis tonight at 8pm ET.
- Bakersfield got stomped 12-0 by the San Jose Giants. This game was an utter crap-fest for the Blaze, so let's give an unheralded Reds prospect a look. Steve "Party on" Garth Selsky has been one of the Blaze's best performers since getting the call-up from Dayton, slashing .339/.418/.638 in 32 games. SSS weirdness and the ridiculous offensive environment of the Cali League should be taken into consideration, but a tip of the cap is due to the 2011 33rd round pick nonetheless. Up Next: Josh Smith gets the start against the Giants at 10:30 pm ET.
- Dayton had an off day. Up Next: The Dragons, led by the Jingleheimer, face the Great Lakes Loons at 7:05pm ET.
- Billings lost to the Grand Junction Rockies 4-3. Drew Cisco went 5 innings, allowing 5 hits while striking out 4 and walking none. After missing all of last year to Tommy John surgery, it's encouraging to see him increase his innings and pitch effectively. I'm not sure why, but Jesse Winker has not been in the lineup for the last two games. Hopefully he's okay. Up Next: This year's 4th round pick Jon Moscot toes the rubber against the Rox at 4:05 pm ET.
- The AZL Reds lost a 3-1 yawner to the Rangers. Up Next: The Reds and Rangers rematch at 10 pm ET.