- Louisville was off today, as the AAA All Star break runs concurrently with the big league break. The Bats return to action on Thursday as they host the Gwinnett Braves for $1 beer night.
- Pensacola wrapped up a series against their Gulf Coast rivals, beating the Mobile Bay Bears 6-3. Didi Gregorius gave the Pensacola faithful a farewell performance to forget, going 0-4 with a K and stranding 3 base runners. Billy Quix did not make it to in time for the game due to a flight delay, according to a tweet from @wahoosnation. He probably could have made it in time had he started running when the Futures Game ended last night. David Vidal went 1-3 with a 3-run dingo in the 6th inning. Lil' Cueto got the start last night, and after 6 scoreless innings, he ran into some trouble in the 7th - allowing a single and a walk to the first two batters. Corcino got the hook, and Drew Hayes allowed both inherited runners to score. Up Next: The first place 'Hoos are idle today. They take on the Lookouts tomorrow night at 7:15 pm ET.
- Bakersfield squeaked out a 6-5 victory against the Lake Elisnore Storm. As an homage to the recently departed Billy Hamilton, Theo Bowe stole a base and went 1-4 with an RBI. Herr Lutz also went 1-4 with a double. Pat Doyle went 6 innings in his start and gave up all 5 runs allowed. Fortunately, the bullpen. Up Next: Bakersfield has an open date on the schedule before heading to Stockton Wednesday at 10:05 ET.
- Dayton got vision-quested by Duke von Schamann and the Great Lakes Loons, falling 8-3. Kyle Waldrop was the only Dragon to have a multi-hit game, going 2-4 with 2 singles. Carlos Gonzalez, Dan Jensen and Lucas O'Rear each pitched 3 inn... *wipes drool from chin, rubs eyes* ...Gah, I just dozed off reading the Dayton box score again. Let's listen to some early 90's Memphis rap instead, shall we? Up Next: The Dragons also have the day off today. Rowdy Radhames Quezada (5-6, 3.56 ERA) steps into the ring against the Peiroia Chiefs at 8 pm ET on Wednesday.
- Billings fell victim to the beatemdown and lost 15-3 to Great Falls. Robert "The Master of Ballantrae" Stephenson got the start and threw 3.2 innings, giving up 3 runs (1 earned) with 2 Ks and 2 BBs. This was a tie game entering the bottom of the 5th, when all heck broke loose and the Voyagers put up a 12-spot. Billings manager, Pat Kelly had apparently seen enough and went and got himself tossed from the game. Wangin' Wagner Gomez had a nice night for the Mustangs, going 3-4 with 2 doubles. Up Next: The Mustangs are off today as well.
- The AZL Reds lost to the Lil' Giants 6-1. Amir Garrett made his second professional start, and this time he lasted more than an inning! The very young, very raw lefty pitched 1.2 innings, giving up 3 ER on 3 H and 2 BBs while fanning 2. It was a very quiet night at the plate for the Reds as no one had an XBH or a multi-hit game. The one and only Boof Bonser got the W for the Giants. Up Next: It's going to be a slow day at the FO office, as the AZL Reds don't play today either.