The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Zack Cozart gets the nod from me, seeing as he had 1/3 of the hits (both doubles) and scored the only Reds run on the day.
- In the first inning things were looking up as Cozy doubled, Stubby moved him over to third, Vottoy walked, and Phillipsy drove Cozy in with a single. Unfortunately Ryan Limpdicky and Scotty Oldeny struck out to end the threat.
- In the bottom of the frame DeJesus reached on an infield single and the purple dinosaur singled to move him to third. After the communist leader popped out, LaHair (Annoying Huge Shit Alert?) hit a sac fly to center and 8 year olds everywhere winced as DeJesus scored.
- After a quick trip through the bottom of the Reds lineup in the top of the second, the Cuns went to work. Single, FC, double, error by Leake, single, double, triple, flyout. Cubs lead 5-1. #ratfarts
- The Reds left runners at second and third in the 4th and swuandered a classic LOLCUBS moment in the 7th when two misplays put runners on second and third with no one out.
- Some guy I've never heard of doubled in a run for the Cuns in the bottom of the 7th and the Reds never threatened again. Ballgame.
- The Reds were 2-10 with RISP, the Cuns were 5-15. Kind of sums it up for me.
- Paul Maholm lowered his ERA by 5.14 runs today.
- If Mike Leake gets bumped from the rotation to make room for Chappie instead of Bailey, I'm going to kick a cat. Probably this one.
- It's one of my favorite dishes but Simon makes the thought of chicken Alfredo nauseating right now.
- It's JCuest against Randy Wells tomorrow, 2:20 PM EDST. I feel good about getting the series win.