- Louisville lost to Toledo 3-2 despite another solid start from Edinson Volquez. The Wagon went 7 2/3 innings, giving up 3 runs and striking out 6. Unfortunately, the offense. The Bats totalled 5 hits in all, with Juan Francisco collecting two of those hits. Up next: Scotty Carroll takes on Toledo at 7:05.
- Carolina lost 8-4 to Jacksonville. Eric Campbell and Didi Gregorius had 3 hits each, with Didi hitting his 2nd homer of the year. Josh Ravin gave up 6 runs and didn't get out of the 5th in his start. Up next: The Mudcats take on Jacksonville at 7:15.
- Bakersfield was off. J.C. Sulbaran takes on Rancho Cucamonga at 10:05.
- Dayton beat Lansing 17-7. Ronald Torreyes drove in 4 runs, Daniel Corcino struck out 6 in 5 innings with 2 runs given up, but I want to focus on the night Billy Hamilton had. Billy went 4-for-6 and stole 3 bases to bring his season total to 89 (and he's only been caught 18 times). As it was reported, he set a goal for himself to steal 100 bases. In the last 10 years, only two players in the minor leagues have stolen as many: Freddy Guzman in the Padres system in '03, and Chris Morris in the Cardinals system in '01. Guzman had 90, so it's a safe bet that Hamilton will pass him. Morris had 111, and I think that's going to be a tough record to top. He has 14 team games left (not counting the playoffs, which they currently are in a position to make 6 games up on their nearest opponent). 11 in that span is likely for him, 23 might be a stretch. Either way, it'll be fun to follow him for the rest of the year, and see if he can break what Slyde dug up as the Reds' farmhand record (in the last 40 years of data), 98 by Ramon Sambo in 1988. Up next: Lugnuts at 7:05.
- Billings lost to Idaho Falls 5-3. Tony Cingrani started and pitched 5 innings, only giving up 1 run. He struck out 8 to bring his season total to 53 (with only 5 walks). Juan Silva and Sean Buckley drove in the 'Stangs two runs. Up next: Ismael Guillon takes his turn against Idaho Falls at 9:05.
- The AZL Reds were off. They'll take on the AZL Pads at 2.