Let's start by going over some roster moves that dropped yesterday. Jose Castro and Denis Phipps are now with Louisville, the former replacing Janish at SS and the latter taking Frazier's spot. Taking their places in Carolina are Didi Gregorius and Josh Fellhauer, and Devin Lohman is out of rookie ball exile and on the Bakersfield roster. In a more minor move, Ryan Wright moved from the AZL team to Billings. How'd the teams do?
- Louisville beat Charlotte 5-3. Daryl Thompson gave up 3 runs (2 earned) in 5 innings, and Brad Boxberger pitched 2 shutout innings of relief to get the win. Jordan Smith got his 3rd save of the year. Denis Phipps made a splash to start his AAA career, going 3-for-5, and Devin Mesoraco and Daniel Dorn had 2 hits each. Up next: Bats start a new series with Rochester at 7:05.
- Carolina had an off day. They'll play a doubleheader in Jacksonville with the first game starting at 5:30. Kyle McCulloch will pitch the second game, with the first game's started to be announced.
Bakersfield lost 7-1 to Stockton to snap their winning streak at 9. Mark Serrano gave up 5 runs in 4 innings, and the offense could only muster up 4 runs in response. Alex Buchholz had 2 of the 4 hits, and Devin Lohman went 0-for-4 on his return from rookie ball. Up next: Off day.
- Dayton won their 8th in a row, beating Burlington 5-2. Donald Lutz was 2-for-4 with a pair of 2-run homers, taking his total to 16 on the season. Daniel Corcino was good again, going 5 innings and giving up only one unearned run with 4 strikeouts. Ronald Torreyes also had two hits, and Drew Hayes picked up his 16th save of the season. Up next: Off day.
- Billings beat Ogden 14-2. Radhames Quezada (now accepting nickname applications) had a good start, going 7 innings and striking out 7 with no walks and 2 runs given up. Sean Buckley was 3-for-6 with 2 homers and 5 runs batted in. Robert Maddox and Yovan Gonzalez contributed 4 hits each to the effort, with Maddox hitting his 8th of the year. Up next: Ismael Guillon takes on Ogden at 9.
- The AZL Reds lost 6-5 to the AZL Rangers. Jared Burton pitched 2 rehab innings and gave up 2 runs (1 earned), and Robert Ramirez went 2-for-4. Up next: An earlier game than usual, they'll get underway at 2 PM against the AZL Athletics.