- Louisville beat Pawtucket 7-2. Daryl Thompson had a good start, going 7 1/3 innings and giving up 2 runs off of 3 hits with 5 strikeouts. Daniel Dorn homered, his 12th of the year, and he has 3 homers and 9 RBI in his last 4 games. Maybe someone else to start thinking about in LF if this whole Heisey hitting homers thing doesn't work out? If Heisey/Gomes end up getting the majority of the time, isn't Dorn a better bench bat than FLewis is from the left side? He has 12 homers so far and is OPSing .851 playing 1B and LF mostly. He's spent more time in AAA then almost anyone else on the team. Isn't this kind of what we figured he could provide all along? If you're not going to give Yonder or Frazier a shot there, Dorn could at least give you something. I don't think he'd be my first choice there, but you have to wonder if Walt would even consider it. Up next: Scott Carroll takes on Pawtucket at 7:05.
- Carolina's still on their break. They'll resume tonight against Huntsville at 7:15.
- Bakersfield too. They're back in action tonight against Modesto at 10:45.
- Dayton's still on their break, they'll resume Friday.
- Billings lost to Great Falls 7-5. Radhames Quezada got the start and gave up 5 runs in 4 innings of work, and UC product Dan Jensen made his debut and gave up a run in 2 innings of relief work. Pat Quinn pitched a perfect 9th. The offense didn't have a bad night, with Devin Lohman going 3-for-5 with a RBI and Sean Buckley going 2-for-4 with a triple. Up next: The Mustangs take on Great Falls at 9:05 with Kyle McMyne getting the start.
- The AZL Reds were off. They'll take on the AZL Dodgers at 10.