Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
- The Reds took the lead early on a single by Drew Stubbs who advanced to second on a flyball to center and then scored one out later on Gomes' double that was almost caught by Chris Young at the wall. Reds lead, 1-0.
- The Reds threatened again in the 4th when Joey Votto led off with his 31st double of the year. One out later, Jay Bruce singled through the right side, but Votto had to hold up to make sure the ball got through and was only able to advance to third. Ramon Hernandez flew out and Juan Francisco struck out to end the rally. Reds lead, 1-0.
- Both teams bats remained silent the remainder of the game as only one runner reached second base after the 5th inning - Gerardo Parra in the 6th on a sacrifice bunt. Diamondbacks win, 3-1.
- Edinson Volquez looked very good except for the 5th inning. He struck out 7 and walked only 2, throwing 85 pitches in 6.2 innings.
- Jared Burton pitched in his first big league game since October 4 of last season. He was perfect in the 9th inning, getting 2 flyouts and a ground out while throwing 12 pitches.
- Jim Edmonds pinch hit in the 7th inning, flying out to right field. It was his first at bat since August 23.
- The Reds hitters average just 4.27 R/G during day games compared to 5.24 R/G during night games. The Getaway Day lineups sure don't help.
- The Reds pitchers average just 3.83 R/G allowed during day games compared to 4.56 R/G allowed at night.
- The Reds are 28-24 during day games and 55-40 at night.
- The Cardinals play tonight. The lead is now 7.5 games. The magic number sticks at 10.
|Final - 9.16.2010||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|WP: Rodrigo Lopez (6 - 14)
SV: Juan Gutierrez (10)
LP: Edinson Volquez (3 - 3)