Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Ryan Hanigan. For hitting the game winning home run and throwing out a baserunner, the Hani-Man gets the nod. Honorable mentions go to Bronson Arroyo and Scott Rolen.
- In the second inning, Jay Bruce walked (yay for not striking out!) and then Ryan Hanigan deposited a pitch from Tom Gorzelanny over the ivy in left center. Reds lead, 2-0.
- Paul Janish singled in the seventh inning off of Gorzelanny. Bronson Arroyo sacrificed him to second, and Brandon Phillips hit a single to bring him in. Reds win, 3-0.
- Francisco Cordero walked two batters in the ninth, but Blake DeWitt, representing the tying run, grounded out to the pitcher to end the game.
- The Reds are 14 games over .500, a season high.
- The Reds have spent 60 days in first place. That's two straight months.
- Francisco Cordero saved his 30th game, the fourth year in a row that he's saved 30 or more.
- Bronson Arroyo didn't allow a Cubs run for the second time this year. He's 5-0 with a 1.88 ERA in his last six starts against Chicago.
- The Reds have been shutout 12 times, but this was the 8th time they've shut out their opponent. That's pretty good too.
|Final - 8.6.2010||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|WP: Bronson Arroyo (12 - 6)
SV: Francisco Cordero (30)
LP: Tom Gorzelanny (6 - 6)