- Louisville lost 2-1 to Charlotte despite a solid pitching performance by the soulsucker Ben Jukich. Jukes went 5 innings and gave up only 1 unearned run, and struck out 8 while walking 4. Russ Springer had another 1-2-3 inning of relief, and Gary Matthews Jr. had 2 of the Bats' 4 hits. Up next: Chad Reineke takes on the Knights at 7:15.
- Carolina was off. They'll take on Montgomery at 8:05, with the starter TBD.
- Lynchburg lost 10-7 to Frederick on a crazy 9th inning where we saw Donnie Joesph actually blow a save. Coming into the 9th with a 5-3 lead, DoJo gave up 3 runs (2 earned) without recording an out, and the normally funky cold Ruben Medina gave up 4 before all was said and done. The offense rallied back for 2 in the bottom of the inning, but giving up a 7-spot in the 9th isn't going to win ballgames. They wasted a quality start from James Avery, as well as a 3-for-5 day from Josh Fellhauer and a homer and 4 RBI for Denis Phipps. Up next: Chase Ware takes on Salem at 7:05.
- Dayton lost 8-2 to Cedar Rapids as the pitching kind of stunk. Henry Rodriguez and Cameron Satterwhite were the lone bright spots, with 2 hits each. Up next: Justin Walker takes on the Kernels at 7:00.
- Billings beat up on Idaho Falls 7-1 behind very good pitching. Clayton Shunick pitched 6 innings of 1-run ball, and Josh Smith and Porfirio Martinez pitched scoreless bullpen outings. Oliver Santos led the offense with 3 hits, and Devin Lohman and Chris Berset combined to drive in 5 runs on 2 hits each. Up next: Tanner Robles tries to bounce back against Idaho Falls at 9:05.
- The AZL won 7-4 against the AZL Angels. Jonathan Correa was dominant, pitching 5 innings and giving up 1 run on 2 hits and striking out 8. He has 18 strikeouts in his last 2 starts. Jaren Matthews is having a hell of a first week, hitting 2 more homers and 4 RBI to bring his totals to 4 HR/7 RBI in 5 games. Stephen Hunt also went 3-for-3. Up next: AZL at 10.