The Reds AAA affiliate was supposed to be stacked with both offensive and pitching talent this season, and while the pitching has been (mostly) as good as advertised, the offense has been (mostly) disappointing. Well, that's changing. There are a whole bunch of Bats wielding hot bats lately, and the offensive surge continued Tuesday.
- Louisville beat Charlotte 8-4. Michael Griffin had 2 homers, Juan Francisco hit his 13th, Wladimir Balentien hit his 15th, and even Chris Denove got in on it as he hit his 1st bomb of the year. Chris Valaika was also 2-4 with a double. Matt Klinker started and lasted 5 innings, giving up 3 runs (2 earned), but also allowed 7 hits and 2 walks. Phillippe Valiquette threw 1.2 shutout innings in relief. Up Next: Ben Jukich will start at 7:15.
- Carolina lost 3-2. Kris Negron was 2-5 with a double, Dave Sappelt was 2-5, and Felix Perez was 3-5. He's hitting .333 in 8 games at AA. Up Next: Carolina is off Wednesday.
- Lynchburg won 7-4. Jordan Hotchkiss had another solid outing, throwing 5 shutout innings, allowing 1 hit, 3 walks, and striking out 5. Donnie Joseph struck out two in his scoreless 9th to earn his 9th save in Lynchburg and 15th on the year. Denis Phipps just missed the cycle, going 3-4 with a double, triple, and his 4th homer. Kevin Coddington was 3-3 with a walk, and Neftali Soto hit his 13th homer of the year. Up Next: James Avery starts at 7:00
- Dayton was off. Up Next: Justin Walker should start at 7:00.
- Billings got whooped 8-2. Trey Manz was 3-4 with a double, Devin Lohman was 2-4 with a double, and Jefry Sierra went 2-5. Up Next: Clayton Shunick starts at 9:05.
- AZL Reds were off. Up Next: Someone will start at 9:00.