- Louisville is on their all-star break.
- Carolina is too, but had 5 players participating in the Southern League All-Star Game last night (with one more named to the team but promoted in Matt Klinker). Jake Kahaulelio started at 2B and batted 2nd, going 0-for-2. Dave Sappelt also started, batting 5th in RF, and went 1-for-2 before being replaced by fellow Mudcat Sean Henry, who also went 1-for-2. 1B Mike Costanzo struck out in his only AB, and Tom Cochran was named to the pitching staff but wasn't used.
- Lynchburg lost to Winston-Salem 7-4. Lance Janke gave up 3 runs in 5 IP, but the Dash scored 4 in the 8th off of Nick Christiani to take the lead and hold on to it. Carlos Mendez drove in 2 runs and Brodie Greene and Felix Perez had 2 hits and a RBI each. Up next: Hillcats have an off day today.
- Dayton lost to Great Lakes 6-4. Jacob Johnson was okay, giving up 4 runs in 6 innings, and Mariekson Gregorius and Chris Richburg had two hits each. Up next: Dayton has an off day too.
- Billings beat Helena 8-4, and it only took them 5 hits to do it. Cristobal Rodriguez drove in 3 runs on offense, and Daniel Tuttle gave up 2 runs (1 ER) in his 5 inning start. Ryan Smith pitched a perfect inning to get the win. Up next: Billings is off too!
- The AZL lost 13-5 to the AZL Angels. Junior Arias led the offensive attack with 2 hits, including a HR and 4 RBI, and Carlos Contreras got knocked around big time, surrendering 7 runs in less than 3 innings. Up next: The AZL affiliate is the only one playing today, a 10:00 start against the AZL Brewers.