Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Bronson Arroyo. For pitching eight innings and not walking anybody. Sure he only struck out one, but he only gave up two runs. Honorable mentions to Jay Bruce and Brandon Phillips.
- In the second inning, Jonny Gomes and Jay Bruce singled. Drew Stubbs sacrificed them over a base, and then Corky Miller hit a two-out, two-run single. Reds lead, 2-0.
- The Reds got another run in the third on a Brandon Phillips single and a looong double by Joey Votto. Reds lead, 3-0.
- Coco Crisp homered in the bottom half of the inning. Reds lead, 3-2.
- In the fifth inning, Scott Rolen got a single and one out later went to third on a double by Bruce. Drew Stubbs then reached base safely on a throwing error by the Oakland shortstop, allowing Rolen to score. Reds win, 4-2.
- Oakland hit into double plays in the eighth and ninth innings.
- Dallas Braden hasn't won since pitching a perfect game.
- Bronson Arroyo walked six men in his last start, a career high, and none in this one. He's won his last three decisions against Oakland.
- Joey Votto has reached base in 31 consecutive games.
|Final - 6.22.2010||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|WP: Bronson Arroyo (7 - 3)
SV: Francisco Cordero (18)
LP: Dallas Braden (4 - 7)