Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Corky Miller. Because every dog has its day. Corky went 2-3 with a walk and a run scored. Our multi-headed offensive catcher is back! Honorable mentions go to Joey Votto and Bronson Arroyo.
- It looked like the Reds were in for a long afternoon when Bronson Arroyo sabotaged things in the second inning. With two outs, he walked A.J. Ellis and Jamey Carroll, the 7 and 8 hitters, then gave up a run-scoring single to the pitcher, John Ely. Dodgers lead, 1-0.
- The Reds got right back in it though. Jay Bruce doubled in the bottom half of the inning, and Corky Miller drew a walk. Then the Reds pitcher also got a two-out hit, only Bronson's went over the wall. Dinger! Reds lead, 3-1.
- In the third inning, Brandon Phillips walked, and Joey Votto hit a home run. Dinger! Reds lead, 5-1.
- The Reds finished all the scoring in the fifth inning. Brandon Phillips hit a one out home run. Dinger! Then Scott Rolen walked, Jonny Gomes singled, and Jay Bruce hit a single off of relief pitcher Justin Miller to score Rolen. Reds lead, 7-1.
- Arthur Rhodes faced Manny Ramirez with the bases loaded and two outs in the eighth. Let's just say that Arthur Rhodes still hasn't given up any runs since Apr. 10.
- Bronson Arroyo walked six batters and gave up five hits, but the Reds turned three 3-6-1 double plays to help escape any danger.
- Arroyo now has five career home runs. He's catching up to Micah Owings, who has nine.
- The Cardinals have the day off, so the Reds are in first place by half a game.
- Corky Miller reached base three times for the first time since August 25, 2009, the day he rejoined the Reds. He also reached base three times on April 18, 2009 for the White Sox.
- Rafael Furcal was on the bereavement list and did not play today.
|Final - 6.17.2010||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Los Angeles Dodgers||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||7||0|
|WP: Bronson Arroyo (6 - 3)
LP: John Ely (3 - 4)