Brendan's probably about as drunk as I am, which I see as a good thing. This game sucked.
Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Hunter Wendelstedt. Yeah, that's right. I said it. Honorable mention to Chris Heisey, whose 9th inning HR made almost as much of a difference as Wendelstedt's stupid calls.
- The Dodgers scored two runs in the fifth inning, and then Andre Ethier hit a 3 run HR in the sixth inning. At that point the Dodgers led 5-0.
- In the bottom of the sixth, Brandon Phillips led off with a walk and Joey Votto followed him with a single. Scott Rolen worked a full count, then was called out on a really, really low strike three. Then Jonny Gomes scored BP on a sac fly, and Jay Bruce singled Votto to second, but then Drew Stubbs struck out to end the inning. Reds still losing, 5-1.
- The Reds threatened in the eighth, loading the bases with one out, but Stubbs lined into a double play. It sucked.
- The Dodgers scored another run in the 9th. I don't even remember how this happened.
- Hey, Chris Heisey homered in the ninth! Reds lose, 6-2.
- Rolen got tossed after arguing that horrible call. Then Dusty Baker got ejected, too.
- Mark Berry didn't help the Reds once again, sending Ramon Hernandez on an Orlando Cabrera single with two outs in the 5th. He was called out at home. BP would have been batting next.