Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Billy Butler. The Royals first baseman went 4-5 with two doubles, a home run, and four RBI. Honorable mentions go to Zach Greinke for his complete game win, with 12 strikeouts and no walks, David DeJesus for going 3-3 with a double, a home run, a stolen base, and four runs, and Joey Votto for hitting two home runs and ensuring thousands of dollars towards prostate cancer research.
- After getting two outs in the first inning, Sam LeCure walked David DeJesus, and Billy Butler singled. DeJesus went to third, putting him in perfect position to score on Jose Guillen's single. Royals lead, 1-0.
- The Reds responded in the bottom of the inning when Orlando Cabrera led off with a single, stole second and moved to third on an errant throw. Miguel Cairo grounded out but Cabrera was able to score. Joey Votto hit his first home run since June 1. Reds lead, 2-1.
- Sam LeCure did well until the fifth inning. Again with two outs, he gave up a single to David DeJesus, who stole a base just to show he could, and a two run homer to Billy Butler. Royals lead, 3-2.
- LeCure got two outs once again in the seventh inning, and with Scott Podsednik already on base via single, Danny Ray Herrera came in to face DeJesus, who doubled. Runners were on second and third now, and Enerio del Rosario came in to face Billy Butler, who also doubled. Royals lead, 5-2.
- The Royals finally scored a run with less than two outs in the eighth. A leadoff double by Wilson Betemit and single by Yuniesky Betancourt put runners on the corners. Chris Getz grounded into a fielder's choice, and Betemit scored. Royals lead, 6-2.
- David DeJesus homered off of Nick Masset in the ninth. Royals lead, 7-2.
- Joey Votto got his second homer of the game in the ninth inning. Royals win, 7-3.
- Six of the Royals runs came with two outs.
- Sam LeCure's last three starts have come against former Cy Young winners Chris Carpenter and Zack Greinke, and San Francisco standout Matt Cain.
- The Reds remain winless in games when Scott Rolen doesn't play.
- Every Reds pitcher gave up a run today. Needless to say, Arthur Rhodes didn't pitch.
|Final - 6.13.2010||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Kansas City Royals||1||0||0||0||2||0||2||1||1||7||13||1|
|WP: Zack Greinke (2 - 8)
LP: Sam LeCure (1 - 3)