Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Wade LeBlanc. The soft tossing lefty did as all soft tossing lefties do against the Reds. He dominated them, to the tune of 6 IP, 0 runs, 3 hits, and 3 strikeouts. Honorable mention to Chase Headley.
- Adrian Gonzalez hit an 0-1 pitch into the bleachers in the top of the first, giving the Padres a 1-0 lead. Turns out that's all they would need, but there was so much more misery to come.
- Johnny Cueto looked to be cruising until the 4th, when Chase Headley doubled, the venerable Will Venable walked, and one out later, Yorvit Torrealba doubled them both in.
- The Padres added two completely unnecessary insurance runs in the sixth on a Headley single and Venable's 4th homerun of the season.
- Daniel Ray Herrera and Mike Lincoln combined to throw three shutout innings from the bullpen, so there's that.
- That graph runs in inverse proportion to my feelings about this team as the day went on.
- So much to complain about in this one. The Reds only had 6 baserunners all day, and they managed to erase 2 of them on pickoffs and one on a baserunning error.
- The Reds only had 6 baserunners all day. Deserves repeating.
- This is the 12th game out of the last 13 that the Reds have given up at least 5 runs.
- Johnny Cueto seemed to have his good stuff, hitting 95 mph, and good control, only walking 1, but he still gave up 5 runs.
|Final - 4.24.2010||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|San Diego Padres||1||0||0||2||0||2||0||0||0||5||7||0|
|WP: Wade LeBlanc (1 - 0)
LP: Johnny Cueto (0 - 1)