Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Paul Janish. I mean, seriously: in 4 PAs, he had a walk, a double, and a HR. You can't ask for much more.
- Homer Bailey was not so sharp, giving up eight hits and walking four. I'd try to think of particular plays, but really he was pretty consistently shaky, giving up a run in every inning he pitched except the third.
- Which meant that soon after he left in the sixth, the Marlins led 5-1. This seemed completely insurmountable until...
- Chris Dickerson singled in the seventh, and Paul Janish hit a HR to bring the score to 5-3.
- Unfortunately, no Reds reached base after that.
- Jorge Cantu continued his streak of getting a hit and an RBI in every game: he's up to nine consecutive games this season.
- The bullpen was solid. Sure, little DRH gave up a hit to score a run, but that was credited to Homer. He then got a groundout and a flyout to end the inning. Lincoln came in to pitch the seventh and eighth, walking two, striking out two and allowing no hits.