First things first. Jay Bruce and Ryan Hanigan have both reported to Louisville on rehab. Also, most of the Carolina pitching staff from a few months ago are now with the AAA team. A couple of recent callups are starters Tom Cochran and Camilo Vazquez, and stud reliever Joseph "The Cycle" Krebs.
- Louisville beat Indy 4-2 behind another good start by Travis Wood. Woody gave up 1 run in 5 innings of work, and struck out 6 Indians. Logan Ondrusek earned his 11th save for the Bats with a perfect 9th, dropping his ERA to 1.93 in AAA. Juan Francisco had two hits for the offense, and Daniel Dorn drove in 2 runs with a pinch-hit double. Up next: takes on Indy at 7:15.
- Carolina went back and forth in their game against Mississippi before they won 6-5. Matt Maloney had a great start, pitching 7 innings and giving up 1 run on a solo HR, and left with a 3-1 lead. After Zach Ward predictably blew it, the Mudcats battled back with 2 in the 8th only to give up 2 in the top of the 9th. Jose Castro broke the tie again in the 9th with a game winning single. Jason Bour and Sean Henry each had 3 hits for the Mudcats, and for some reason shortstop Kris Negron started the game in CF. Not sure where that came from, but we'll see if it becomes a trend. Up next: Luis Montano takes on Mississippi at 7:15.
- Sarasota lost to Palm Beach 3-2, as the normally automatic Mace Thurman gave up the winning run. Dave Sappelt was 3-for-4, and Alex Buchholz had a multi-hit game too. Travis Webb started, and gave up 4 runs (1 earned) in 5 innings. Up next: Lance Janke takes the hill against Palm Beach at 7:05.
- Dayton beat South Bend 5-3 behind a solid start by J.C. Sulbaran. Sulbaran gave up 3 runs in 6 innings of work for his 5th win of the year. Carlos Mendez drove in 3 runs with his 3 hits, and Kevin Coddington added a solo shot. Up next: Chase Ware takes on South Bend at 7.
- Billings lost to Great Falls 4-3 in 10. Efrain Contreras and Thomas Nurre both homered. Leonardo Astorga gave up 1 run in 5 innings. Frank Pfister was 3-for-5. Up next: Billings takes on Helena at 9:05.