The offense disappeared and OUR Reds lost their 82nd game of the year. It's been a nice run over the last week though, let's remember that.
Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Johnny Cueto - Johnny Quest pitched 7.1 innings, giving up 3 runs on six hits. It was the first time he had made it into the 8th inning since way back on May 3rd against the Pirates. An effort that's normally enough to win these days, but Wandy made us his bitch. It happens.
- Cueto walked the bases loaded in the 3rd and the Astros scored two runs on RBI groundouts by Lance Berkman and Carlos Lee, respectively.
Humberto Quintero homered in the 4th to make it 3-0 Houston.
- The Reds went to work in the 6th, scoring two runs on a single by Johnny Gomes and a single by Ramon Hernandez.
- Cueto again walked the bases loaded in the 6th but got Quintero to GIHQ, ending the threat and keeping the Reds' hopes alive.
- Nick Massett bailed Johnny out of a jam in the 8th by getting Edwin Maysonet (who?) to ground into a sweet 1-6-3 double play.
- The Reds mildly threatened in the 9th when Juan Fransisco walked (mark it down, it happened!) before Laynce Nix GIDP and Kevin Barker grounded out weakly to 2B to end the game.
- Oh yeah, something cool happened in the Bengals game, or so I hear.