A quick recap of last night's events:
Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Joey Votto. 3 for 4 with 3 doubles, 3 runs scored, and an RBI. He's now batting .308/.404/.535 on the season.
- Scott Rolen also had 3 hits including 2 doubles. He scored 2 runs and drove in 3. The 3 thru 6 hitters were a combined 9 for 18 with 6 runs and 6 RBI on the night.
- Brandon Phillips drove in 2 runs. He now has 92 RBI on the season, just 2 less than his career high that he set in 2007.
- Phillips also stole his 25th base of the season in this game. He is now tied with Willy Taveras for the team lead in that category. The last Reds player to lead the team in both RBI and SB was Aaron Boone in 2002 with 87 RBI and 32 SB.
- The Reds had 7 doubles in the game, the most since April 28, 2004. Only 4 times in the last 55 years have they had more than 7 doubles in a game.
- With the win and the Astros loss, the Reds are now in a tie for 4th place. They move to 4 games behind the 3rd place Brewers who were beaten by the Cubs.
- With his 10th win on the season, Johnny Cueto became the youngest Reds 10-game winner since Scott Williamson won 12 games in 1999 at the age of 23, the same age as Cueto.
- The Reds have won 6 in a row against the Pirates, the longest winning streak against Pittsburgh since 1997.