Not much going on around the system, and no more GCL action means that this is a lot shorter than usual today.
- Louisville lost to Columbus 9-2 behind a shaky start by Sam Lecure. LeCure gave up 6 runs in 5 innings, and Chris Denove was 3-for-4. Also, as previously mentioned, Bats manager Rick Sweet won his 2nd Manager of the Year award in a row, and Justin Lehr won their Pitcher of the Year award. Up next: Tom Cochran takes on Columbus at 7:05.
- Carolina rolled over Montgomery 6-4. Jeremy Horst had a great start, going 7 innings of 1-run ball. Yonder Alonso was 3-for-5 with 3 RBI, and Kris Negron had two hits in the leadoff spot. Up next: Mudcats are off today.
- Sarasota got a brilliant start out of Matt Fairel as they edged Palm Beach 1-0. Fairel gave up 3 hits in 6 2/3 innings, and Mace Thurman and Aguido Gonzalez finished out the game. Justin Reed drove in the S-Reds only run. Up next: Pedro Villarreal takes on Palm Beach at 7.
- Dayton was off. Mark Serrano takes on South Bend at 7.
- Billings lost to Great Falls 16-5. Yorman Rodriguez was 2-for-4 and Sean Conner and Thomas Nurre homered. Up next: Blair Carson takes on Great Falls at 9.