Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Matt Kemp. He hit a home run and the game-winning sacrifice fly.
- In the second inning, Scott Rolen singled, and Darnell McDonald hit his first major league home run. The Reds led 2-0, and would not score again for the next ten innings.
- Bronson was cruising until he hiccupped in the fifth inning. He allowed a leadoff home run to Matt Kemp, and then a single to Casey Blake. He got the next two outs, but then Orlando Hudson and Clayton Kershaw hit balls to Paul Janish that went for hits, and Blake scored to tie the game.
- Dusty used three pitchers (Arroyo, Rhodes, Masset) to get through the 8th inning.
- Drew Stubbs and Paul Janish singled in the 8th inning with one out, but Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips were unable to drive them in.
- In the eleventh inning, Scott Rolen singled with two outs. Drew Sutton came in to pinch hit for Jared Burton, and then Rolen was caught in a rundown.
- Francisco Cordero came in to pitch the twelfth inning - not a save situation. He walked Manny Ramirez, and with one out, Juan Castro doubled. After an intentional walk to Andre Ethier, Matt Kemp hit a fly ball to the warning track for the game winning sacrifice fly.
- The Reds did manage to get two baserunners in the bottom half of the inning before Wladimir Balentien and Drew Stubbs both struck out.
- After being called "our smartest baserunner" by Dusty Baker, Scott Rolen was caught twice on the basepaths.
- The Reds struck out 20 times. It was the most strikeouts for the Dodger pitching staff in 37 years (they struck out 22 on Aug. 8, 1972, also against the Reds. Took 'em 19 innings, though.). Joey Votto struck out four times, and Drew Stubbs and Darnell McDonald each struck out three times.
- The Dodgers are now 22-4 against the Reds since 2006.
- For the second game in a row, someone hit their first major league home run.
- Francisco Cordero has pitched on five of the last six days. There is a doubleheader tomorrow.
|Final - 8.30.2009||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||R||H||E|
|Los Angeles Dodgers||0||0||0||0||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||3||11||0|
|WP: James McDonald (4 - 3)
SV: Jonathan Broxton (29)
LP: Francisco Cordero (2 - 4)