Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
I'm gonna go with Justin Lehr for another strong outing despite giving up 11 hits. One run is one run, kids.
- The Reds gave Lehr a cushion early when Mr. Nix daynced his way to second in the first inning, knocking in Alex Gonzalez(tm) and everyone's favorite Canuck. The Jhonny knocked in Cancer on a chopper and the Reds were rolling.
- In the next inning Mr. Mountie knocked in CDickRun who had tripled (we have guys who can play CF and hit triples, who knew?), giving the Reds a comfy 4-0 lead. Or so it seemed.
- In the fourth inning, Jhonny threw out Molina at the plate because Molina is slow.
- Not having learned his lesson, Molina tried to take second on GomesZilla in the sixth. Silly girl.
- Left Smurf did his job in the 7th, getting Skip (Skip, really?) Shumacker to GISS and struck out everyone's favorite cheese to preserve the lead. Not nearly as cool as standing next to Shaq, but whatever.
- AGon knocked in what would be the winning run in the 8th with his fourth hit of the night, assuring him of being in the lineup waaaaay too much over the next month and a half.
- CoCo survived the train wreck that was the 9th inning, and the Reds went home winners. I tip my cap to CoCo for not losing his cool.
- The Reds still have no chance to win 100 games.
- Albert Pujols homered but the Reds still won. How does that happen?
- Be happy, we have a chance to win the series tomorrow. Chris Carpenter be damned.
|Final - 8.11.2009||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|St. Louis Cardinals||0||0||1||0||0||0||0||2||1||4||15||0|
|WP: Justin Lehr (2 - 0)
SV: Francisco Cordero (25)
LP: Mitchell Boggs (1 - 1)