- Louisville won 5-2 over Buffalo behind a solid pitching performance by Matt Maloney. Maloney went 7 innings and gave up 2 runs and 2 hits while striking out 6. Zach Stewart pitched two scoreless innings in relief to get the save. That's 9 2/3 innings in Louisville so far without giving up an earned run, and he hasn't given one up since June 24th, when he was a Mudcat. In his 89 total innings (split between 3 levels), his ERA is a stellar 1.62. Wes Bankston was 4-for-4 to lead the offense, and Darnell McDonald hit his 7th HR of the season. As for the other big time prospects, Chris Heisey had a double to go 1-for-4 and Drew Stubbs and Alex Gonzalez on rehab were held hitless. Up next: Louisville takes on Buffalo again at 7:05 wiith Ramon Ramirez taking the hill.
- Carolina won on a late-inning rally in Huntsville, 4-3. Stephen Chapman and Todd Frazier both went deep for the Mudcats, and Sean Henry had two hits in the leadoff spot. Lee Tabor wasn't bad, giving up 2 runs in 5 innings, but Sean Watson, Logan Ondrusek, and Phil-Alex Valiquette combined to give up 1 hit in relief to seal the win. Up next: The Mudcats take on Huntsville at 8, with Matt Klinker set to go (probably).
- Sarasota lost 4-1 to Clearwater. Dave Sappelt and Neftali Soto had two hits each, and Chris Kelly pitched 2 shutout innings in relief, but that was about all that happened. Up next: Sarasota takes on Dunedin at 7. Luis Montano is likely to get the start.
- Dayton was off. J.C. Sulbaran takes on Wisconsin at 8:05.
- Billings beat Ogden 7-6 led by a 3-run HR by Thomas Nurre. Shea Snowden had some trouble in his start, but the bullpen shut Ogden down. Up next: The Mustangs are off today.
- The GCL Reds were off too. They'll take on the GCL Rays today at noon.