A little light on minor league stuff the last few days with all of the breaks, so I'm combining the last two days into one.
- Louisville is on their all-star break. You thought the game last night started late? They play the AAA All-Star Game tonight at 10 PM ET. Drew Stubbs is in the starting lineup, batting 2nd, and Justin Lehr is the starting pitcher for the IL.
Carolina is on the all-star break as well. In the Southern League All-Star Game, the Mudcats were representing the North. Travis Wood started the game, and pitched a perfect inning. Logan Ondrusek pitched the 5th and was perfect as well. Todd Frazier was 0-for-1 batting 3rd and playing LF. Anyone else worried about him starting the game and only getting 1 AB? Juan Francisco, Zachary Cozart, Jordan Smith, and James Avery were all selected but didn't participate. Up next: Carolina's break is over. They take on Chattanooga at 7:15. Lee Tabor pitched 4 games ago, but with the off days, they might use someone else.
- Sarasota was off yesterday, but they played Monday and lost 7-4. Dave Sappelt had two hits, including a homer, but Jeremy Horst gave up 7 runs in 3 2/3 innings (only 2 were earned). Mace Thurman added 3 1/3 innings of scoreless relief, and Mark Pawelek and Enerio Del Rosario both added perfect innings. Up next: Rafael Gonzalez takes on Fort Myers at 7.
- Like their FSL counterparts, Dayton had a day off yesterday too, but played on Monday, losing 6-2. Matt Fairel pitched 7 innings and gave up 4 runs, while striking out 7. Andrew Means had two hits and Cody Puckett homered. Up next: Dayton takes on Quad Cities at 7 with Curtis Partch on the hill.
- Bilings was off yesterday too, but won 8-6 on Monday. Donnie Joseph and Daniel Corcino both had pretty good outings. Efrain Contreras was 3-for-4 and Chris McMurray hit his first HR of the year. Up next: Leonardo Astorga takes on Orem at 9:05.
- The GCL Reds don't take the All-Star Game off, dammit! They lost 7-4 yesterday after losing 4-3 in 10 innings on Monday. Tyler Cline pitched well on Monday, going 6 innings of 2-run ball, and one of the 5 players named Rodriguez lost the game (Raul, in this case). Ramon took his place after he gave up the winning run in the 10th. Yorman had 3 hits, Henry had 2, and Cristobal had 1. Henry and Theodis Bowe had two hits each yesterday, but the pitching didn't hold up. Matteo Pizziconi added a perfect inning of relief. Up next: The GCL Reds take on the GCL Twins at noon.