Sorry about the lack of posts from the normal writers today. Work is kicking my butt right now, and you don't need BubbaFan to tell you that losing a job in this market isn't necessarily the best thing in the world. So, I have a hard time finding time to write at this point, but hopefully things will calm down in the next week or two.
These off days seem frequent of late. I suppose that's not a bad thing when the team is struggling, but it's shame to lose any sense of momentum after taking 2 of 3 from Cleveland and 3 of their last 4 overall.
Tonight's topic for discussion: Assuming Joey Votto won't get selected because of the time he missed, who should be the Reds representative to this year's All Star game in St. Louis? Here are some suggestions, but you can definitely go your own way:
- 3rd in WAR for 2B in the NL.
- Tied for 1st in RBI by a 2B
- 3rd in HR by 2B
- Defending Gold Glove winner at the position
- Tied for 5th in the NL in ERA and WHIP
- 4th in the NL in ERA+
- 9th in the NL in H/9
- Leads the team in ERA and winning percentage
- 2nd on the team in wins and strikeouts
- 4th in the NL in BB/9
- 6th in the NL in K/BB
- 2nd in the NL CG and SHO
- 15th in the NL in Innings Pitched
- Leads team in SO and fewest BB/9
- 2nd on the team in ERA
- Tied for 5th in the NL in Saves
- Converted 18 of 19 save opportunities
- 6th in the NL in ERA+ (min 30 IP)
- Leads team in SB
- All Star appearance might boost trade value.