The tsarist Brian Bannister shut down the team of factory workers, peasants, and intellectuals from Cincinnati. Moreover, he highlighted the fundamental flaw in the Bolsheviks' central tenet of "each according to his own ability." Johnny Cueto pitched according to his ability, allowing no earned runs and striking out four, but Jerry Hairston also played according to his ability and committed two errors that led to five unearned runs. The rest of the Reds offense has been assigned to the Winter Palace to take notes. Assurances come down from Party Secretary Jocketty about a "five year plan."
Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Word of the Day
Morass. Noun. "A situation that traps, confuses or impedes." Used in a sentence: It's hard to tell who on the Reds could suck morass.
- I didn't watch this game either. It was a beautiful day, so I went outside to take advantage of it.
- I went to the Capital Pride street fair. So, so gay. There were booths there for lots of activist groups, and a number of sports clubs as well. The Washington Nationals had a booth, and so did DC United. Rookie Chris Pontius was inside, and he signed a poster for me. I congratulated him on taking hard fouls last night that led to both United goals. He looked unenthused to be there, and I am confident that the veterans made him go. Didn't see any representation by the Redskins, Wizards, or Capitals though. For shame!
- Eating a long Italian sausage in front of a booth where buff underwear models sit in a dunk tank kind of gets you in the swing of things. But $15 for a sausage and Pepsi? I rescind all my support for equal rights!
- Then I went to see "Up." Fantastic movie. I sniffled a little. And in the spirit of the day, I took satisfaction in the fact that the movie had a female character named Kevin.
- Pride street fairs and crying at children's movies is all well and good, but the gayest thing I did today was spend five minutes in Bed, Bath & Beyond.
- Brian Bannister is 3-0 with a 0.90 ERA in three afternoon starts this season. He is 15-4 in 26 career day games, as opposed to 13-25 in night games.
- Two errors for Cherry. "I don't know if I could have a worser day," Hairston said. Three errors, then.
- This was the first three game sweep for the Royals since Sept. 22-24.
|Final - 6.14.2009||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Kansas City Royals||1||0||4||0||0||0||0||2||X||7||9||1|
|WP: Brian Bannister (5 - 3)
LP: Johnny Cueto (6 - 4)
Complete Coverage >