We're a little late today, but here's what happened in last night's games:
- Louisville beat Lehigh Valley 7-4 on a really strong outing by Sam Lecure. LeCure gave up 2 runs on 3 hits in 8 solid innings, and struck out 5 IronPig hitters. You can hear more from LeCure and manager Rick Sweet in this article that some boob wrote. It really seems like LeCure could be back on track to start putting together some good starts in AAA. Drew Sutton and Wes Bankston both homered for the Bats, and Norris Hopper went 3-for-5 with his 11th SB of the year. Up next: The Bats are off today.
- Carolina won 3-2 in 12 innings against Jacksonville. Chris Heisey was the hero, hitting a solo HR in the 12th to break the tie, his 11th of the season, and El Nino Destructor was 4-for-6 to lead the offense. SL Hitter of the Week Zach Cozart was 2-for-3 with 2 walks. Tom Cochran got the start, and gave up one run in 4 innings of work, and Sean Watson, Phillipe-Alexandre Valiquette, and Ruben Medina combined to give up one hit in 4 innings of relief before Ramon Geronimo gave up a run in the 9th to blow the save. Logan Ondrusek gave up a hit and no runs in his 2 innings of relief, the 11th and the 12th, to earn his 2nd win in Carolina. After posting a 0.96 ERA in Sarasota in 18.2 innings, Ondrusek still hasn't given up a run in Carolina in 14.1 innings of relief. He may be the best performing pitcher in the organization so far this season. Up next: The Mudcats are off today.
- Sarasota lost a pitcher's duel 2-1, in a tough luck loss by Rafael Gonzalez. Gonzalez gave up 2 runs in 6 innings, but didn't get much run support, as Devin Mesoraco's 4th HR was the S-Reds only run. Up next: Luis Montano takes on Tampa at 7.
- Dayton split a doubleheader with Great Lakes. Game 1 went scoreless into extras (since minor league doubleheaders are only 7 inning games), but lost 1-0 in 8 innings. Oscar Castro got the start, and gave up 3 hits and no runs in 6 innings, and the Dragons offense was only able to muster up 3 hits total. In Game 2, the Dragons bounced back to win another game that went into extras, 3-2 in 8 once again. Josh Ravin gave up 2 runs in 6 innings, and Junior Martinez pitched a scoreless inning in relief for his 2nd win of the year. Carlos Mendez went 2-for-3 with a RBI, and Kyle Day's 2nd HR of the season put the Dragons ahead in the 8th. Up next: No starter listed as the Dragons take on Fort Wayne at 7:05. Usually, it should be Curtis Partch's turn, but Matt Fairel hasn't pitched in a week, so he could get the start too.
- Roster Moves: Alexander Smit is on the 7-day DL in Carolina, as catcher Korey Feiner was activated.