Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Aaron Harang. After taking one look at the lineup card, Harang knew that he would have to be at his best. Boy, was he! Harang went 7 IP, with 9 K, 2 BB, 1 ER, and the win.
- In the first inning, Willy Taveras proved the value of a leadoff hitter getting on base with a bloop single, then came around to score on Brandon Phillips's single.
- Zap Hanigan homered. Don't look now, but we have quite the catching tandem.
- In the third inning, Cherry Hudson doubled to lead off, and Brandon Phillips bunted him to third (FTH?). Jay Bruce then singled him in before promptly getting picked off.
- Raul Ibanez continued to make Phillies phans phorget about his contract by hitting a home run in the fourth inning. Only offense the Phils had all night.
- In the 8th inning, Dickerson singled and Taveras walked, then Phillips drove them both in with his second triple in as many nights. Who knows? Maybe it would have been an inside the parker if he hadn't fallen on his ass in the batter's box.
- No graph tonight, since it was just a whole lotta dominance by Harang and a whole lotta mediocrity from Moyer.
- Jamie Moyer had been pitching in the majors for over a year before Jay Bruce was born.
- This was Jamie Moyer's first start in Cincinnati since 1991.
- Each of the first four hitters in our lineup had 2 hits. So did Hanigan.
- There were 10 Reds fans in a bar on U St. tonight. Holy fuck!